Morrison Utility Services
With a pedigree reaching back to 1884, Morrison Utility Services (MUS) has grown into one of the UK’s leading, privately owned utility services providers. Current turnover is approximately £585 million and the company has an order book standing at £2.0 billion.
MUS works right across the regulated electricity, gas, water and telecommunications industries, as well as the rail sector. Its focus is the design, engineering and delivery of renewal, refurbishment, maintenance and emergency response services for its clients’ infrastructure and networks. Its work covers substations, pipelines, cables and metering. In all, it employs just over 3,500 people working across an operational footprint covering all of the UK.
Recent awards include
- 2015 Utility Week Star Awards (granted to teams and individuals for customer service, health and safety, and support services)
- 2015 Dŵr Cymru Occupational Health and Safety Excellence Awards (highly commended)
- 2015 Water Industry Achievement Awards (Health and Safety Initiative of the Year)
- 2014 Energy Innovation Awards (awarded to our Western Gas Alliance)
More information on Morrison Utility Services can be found here: www.morrisonus.com
Established in 1887, Skanska is one of the world’s leading project development and construction groups, employing 57,000 people. In 2014 it achieved a turnover in excess of £15 billion. Operating primarily in Scandinavia, Europe and the US, Skanska is headquartered in Stockholm and is listed on the Stockholm stock exchange.
The UK operation, which jointly with Morrison is responsible for the tRIIO business, is one of the country’s top contractors. It has become a leader in delivering green engineering projects in healthcare, education, defence, transportation and municipal services, using both private and public sector investment. Specialist in-house teams provide world-class foundations and piling expertise, as well as mechanical and electrical services for buildings and infrastructure and utility services. Skanska is famous for building iconic structures like 30 St Mary Axe (the Gherkin), Heron Tower, Saint Bartholomew’s and The Royal London hospitals, and the QEII Bridge.
Recent awards include
- 2014 Financial Times ArcelorMittal Boldness in Business Award for corporate responsibility and environment
- 2012 Prime Minister’s Better Public Building Award British Construction Industry Awards for University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
- 2012 Employer of the Year, Construction News Awards
- 2011 The greenest company in the UK across all industries, The Sunday Times Green List
More information on Skanska in the UK can be found here: www.skanska.co.uk